Author Topic: Californian woman recycling Boeing B-747 into dream home  (Read 4164 times)

Offline Ben Erkens

• Administrator
  • Webmaster
Californian woman recycling Boeing B-747 into dream home
« Reply #1 on: 29 November, 2011, 19:01:51 »
A new home built in Malibu, California.

Recycled 747 is a dream home (2:42)

Sept 6 - A California woman is taking the idea of recycling to new heights. At a cost of about two million US dollars, Francie Rehwald is converting a retired 747 Jumbo Jet into her dream home.

We use something that exists that RD had billions of dollars a resurgent development that went into creating the most efficient. Structure using the most judicious use of resources. To achieve the highest strength -- lied

On a large plot in the remote hills of Malibu overlooking a landscape of bounds in the Pacific Ocean. Frontier revolt is building a home of her dreams.

Welcome. It is perhaps the ultimate in recycling pre bullets raw material as the second hand Boeing 747. And with the help of architect David hurts the concept is taking flight.

I imagine this floating roof. That would not have a lot of columns and that would occur on its bottom and its top so it would open up to the view. And get it when I drew this section it reminding me of an airplane wing section I'm an air foil.

And I thought about it so why not use an airplane going. Greenwald was enthusiastic. The concept -- with her request for asleep -- Linear and contemporary design that makes use of existing materials that might otherwise be left to rust.

I have volatile from the wildlife Tina. Let's go find a plane and seen what that would be -- To use it use a roof -- how to be a ceiling. Hertz and -- discovered hundreds of retired aircraft in the large junkyard in California's Mojave Desert where they sell at the price of their principal raw material aluminum. -- bald spot her Boeing 747. For 35000. Dollars. The pair decided to use almost all of the plane by spreading its parts over seven different structures including a guest house. The wings and tail stabilizes became the -- of the three -- main building baptized the wing house. For hurts his company specializes in green buildings the -- palaces an extreme example of sustainable reuse an appropriation. The idea was how do we use something that exists that RD had billions of dollars a resurgent development that went into creating the most efficient. Structure using the most judicious use of resources. To achieve the highest strength -- lied his way and so they re using hand. We're essentially short circuit it were up cycling it and re purpose and rather than. Down cycling and just turning an airplane in aluminum can which is a lower use. The wing houseful also incorporate solar power radiant heating in natural ventilation as well as high performance he -- glazing. Construction is scheduled to be completed before the end of the year by which time friend he bring you -- will be struck -- and ready for take off. How many -- apart Reuters.

Parts are used to create the house and more.

In the garden are the nose cowls.

The roofing is made from the wing.

The cockpit is standing upright.

http://airforces.fr/2010/09/06/californian-woman-recycling-boeing-b-747-into-dream-home/

http://www.reuters.com/video/2011/07/12/recycled-747-is-a-dream-home?videoId=152595684

http://www.mnn.com/your-home/remodeling-design/blogs/plane-sweet-plane#
GWK-Avionics (CAT-B2 + CAT-A + limited CAT-B1.1)
B747-400 MD-11 A330

anything